NBTA In-Person Pension Seminar
*This seminar will take place from 9:00 am – 1:00 pm at the NBTF Building in Fredericton.*
The following guidelines should be noted for participation in these seminars:
1. All participants must pre-register; link will be emailed.
2. Questions relating to these seminars should be directed to:
NBTA Staff Officer
New Brunswick Teachers’ Association
P.O. Box 752
Fredericton, N.B. E3B 5R6 (Tel. 452-1722)
3. All teachers are welcome to attend.
- Teachers’ Pension Act
– contribution rates
– retirement options
– pension calculations
- Retirement Allowance
- Canada Pension
- Financial Planning for Retirement
– Old Age Security
- Survivor options
- Purchase and transfer of Pension Service
- Pre-retirement vacation
- Work Time Flex
- Group Insurance
*Please note: under 10 years of pensionable service will not receive a pension estimate. Please reference Vestcor Employee Statement of Benefits.