Councils are professional learning communities dedicated to the life-long learning and the ongoing professional growth of NBTA members. The Elementary, Middle Level and High School Councils share a common mission: To promote and foster opportunities for professional learning, communications and curriculum assistance for the teachers of New Brunswick. NBTA members select the Council they wish to join annually as part of the NBTA member registration process. The preferred Council does not need to reflect current grade level/position.
- offers a range of professional learning opportunities, including conferences, individual grants, institutes, focus groups and e-learning initiatives;
- responds to curriculum and program concerns;
- develops position papers on critical issues;
- works with government on curriculum development; and,
- advises the NBTA Board of Directors and staff on matters of importance to their members.